A new year means new bridal trends and here at Simply Luxe we are truly so excited for all of the new and innovative ideas that have stormed the runway! Today we are going to be sharing 5 of our favorite and most fabulous trends that we can wait to see on our brides.
1. Capes Capes have been a trending item in the world of retail for a few yeas now but we are pleasantly surprised to see these gorgeous pieces making their way into designer bridal lines. Whether they are attached to the dress or are a detachable piece we think that the bridal cape is here to stay. Watters wows with their Ellie cape for long lasting drama and their Hilda caplet for an edgier touch. Rosa Clara Couture stuns us with her minimalist meets edgy cape design in here Nibila gown. If you are less of a traditional bride opt for a cape instead of a veil and you will surely leave your guests in awe!
2. Plunging Necklines In the world of bridal, some things just stay consistent like necklines for example. The sweetheart neckline has reigned supreme for the last few decades but that is all about to change! Move over sweetheart here comes the plunging neckline! Whether they are deep v-necks with sheer illusions like Lalai by Watters or just the straight plunge this popular neckline has taken over the world of bridal. This neckline is not for the faint of heart, the bride that wears this is bold, trendy and sexy. Be the center of attention in this fabulous trend!
3. Coachella Brides The popular music festival has turned bridal! This season bohemian vibes have taken the industry by storm. Every aspect of the wedding from the centerpieces to the dress are drenched in Coachella inspiration. Soft and flowing skirts like the one on Jewel by Willowby give a very organic feel and really elevate your look to the next level. This trend has also done away with the the look of traditional lace and amped up the style with cotton laces! This look is best represented by Vivenne also by Willowby. If you are a boho Coachella princess Willowby by Watters will surely be what your dress dreams are made of!
4. Off the Shoulder Just like the cape, the off the shoulder trend has been one that has been in the world of fast fashion for a few seasons now. This neckline gives new life to classic silhouettes. While the plunging neckline may not be for everyone, the off the shoulder is a new type of sexy. Showing off skin in all the right ways is the best way to have everyone's attention on you in a positive light. Whether you imagine yourself in a princess ball gown or a sexy mermaid shape try looking for one with this flattering neckline! We're betting on this trend staying around for years to come!
5. The Non-Wedding Dress If you are truly the unconventional fashion forward bride you will fall in love with this trend from 2017! The "non-wedding" dress trend is pretty much what is sounds like. The inspiration behind this trend is that brides are wanting things that make them stand out from the average bride. These styles could be anything from a short party dress or romper like Prato by Watters, to a full on white pants suit, blazer and all! More and more brides are skipping the traditional bridal gown and gravitating towards the more "out there" styles. So what are our thoughts on the trends? It has the stamp of approval from us!